One of my client’s biggest hangups is their blog. It can be intimidating. You sit there and look at a blank page and don’t know what to write. It is funny because most people LOVE to talk about themselves and their business so you would think it would come naturally. But it doesn’t. Here are some tips that should help you unblock the blogger inside you:
- BOOKMARK INSPIRATION. Bookmark some interesting authors, blogs or news feeds. You need to have a handy location to get the creative juices flowing. Start in inspiration bookmark on your computer that you can look at frequently for inspiration.
- READ FIRST. Take some time to just read about what is going on. It doesn’t even have to be in your area of expertise. Just read a little before you start to blog.
- DON’T START WITH A TITLE. Writing a title establishes an immediate expectation. Instead just start writing your idea’s. They don’t even have to be in any particular order. Just write; you can organize it later.
- THINK ABOUT YOUR READER. What might your readers want to know about. Generally you are the expert and they want to hear what you have to say about the topic.
- DON’T WRITE A NOVEL. Well, you can if you want, but a blog is not the place to do that. Keep it short and to the point. If you find yourself wandering then you probably need to break your idea’s into another blog post.
- INCLUDE A PICTURE. Don’t forget to include a picture that will help grab your readers attention.
- STAY POSITIVE. Very few people enjoy listening to complaints. Keeping your tone positive will attract more readers and even improve your mood.
My advice is that you make blogging part of your daily routine. Before you know it you’ll be cranking out blog posts and watching your readers increase like crazy.