Today I witnessed the iPad + Square (SquareUp) cash register for the second time and it struck me as such an elegant solution. You attach a little square card reader adapter to the iPad and put the iPad in a stand that flips from the cashier to the customer. The customer accepts the amount, add a tip (if appropriate), sign and you’re done.
- You get control of your inventory with pictures, names and prices
- You can even save favorite items for fast and easy checkout
- Cost is free (not including the iPad or stand) and you are charged 2.75% per swipe for Visa, Master card and American Express
- Offer rewards on first time purchases. Promote your offer in Pay with Square to attract nearby customers.
- Customizing a loyalty program with unique rewards. Create in-app punch cards, plus choose the amount to reward regulars.
- Analytics let you see which days and times are performing best, export history to spreadsheets and more.
- Personalize your receipts and let customers decide between paper, text or email.
- Control which employees have access to different areas of Square Register.
If you are in the Houston area and want to see this elegant solution in person + get a GREAT CUP OF COFFEE go to BoomTownCoffee