That is a huge statement, but it is true. Mashable just surpassed 1 million Facebook fans and so they are sharing their fans stories about how Facebook changed their lives.
Is Facebook a Relationship Killer?
There are a lot of statistics banging around about the time people spend on Facebook and how it effects their relationships that is negative. But I think the researchers and naysayers are focused on the wrong “addiction”. We tend to feel that when we have an urge to do something that it must be wrong.
Social Statistics[unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- 39% of Americans spend more time socializing online than in person
- 20% prefer communicating online or via text message to face to face conversation
- 33% said they were more likely to approach someone new online than off
Public Opinion on Facebook[unordered_list style=”green-dot”]
- 83% say it helps shy and lonely people make new friends
- 76% say it is good for finding old acquaintances