That is a huge statement, but it is true. Mashable just surpassed 1 million Facebook fans and so they are sharing the stories of their fans about how Facebook changed their lives.
Is Facebook a Relationship Killer?
There are a lot of statistics banging around about the time people spend on Facebook and how it affects their relationships that are negative. But I think the researchers and naysayers are focused on the wrong “addiction”. We tend to feel that when we have an urge to do something that it must be wrong.
- 39% of Americans spend more time socializing online than in person
- 20% prefer communicating online or via text message to face to face conversation
- 33% said they were more likely to approach someone new online than off
Public Opinion on Facebook
- 83% say it helps shy and lonely people make new friends
- 76% say it is good for finding old acquaintances